Using a standard geothermal ground loop, our high-temperature hot water heat pump (WC Series) delivers up to 160°F (70°C) hot water for high-temperature hydronic heating systems. We accomplished this by using a two-step system involving two refrigerant circuits and two compressors.
This heat pump would be ideally suited for homes retrofitting from hot water boilers, with hot water baseboard or hot water radiators. This heat pump could also be used as a stand-alone system for heating domestic hot water.
Nordic High-Temperature Hot Water Heat Pump
Our cascading water to water heat pump is available in sizes up to 6.5 nominal tons, for whole home heating applications.
Quick Facts About the WC Series
|Distribution Type||Hot Water Baseboards, Radiators or Dedicated Domestic Hot Water.|
|Capabilities||Heating or Dedicated Domestic Hot Water.|
|Loop Type||Open or Closed Loop.|
|COPh||2.07 to 2.90|
Features and Available Options
- R410a circuit on the ground side and R134a circuit on the hot side for a wide temperature spread without stressing either circuit.
- Two high-efficiency single-speed Copeland scroll compressors, each with double grommet isolation for low noise.
- Single wall heat exchanger for space heating with optional double wall condenser available for dedicated hot water heating.
- Electronic expansion valves for precise refrigerant control and maximum capacity.
- Gen2 control board includes BACnet and USD laptop connectivity, data logging, built-in aquastat functionality, ‘outdoor reset’, and electronic readout of all water in/out temperatures and refrigerant pressures.
- Filter-dryer and sight glass are standard on each refrigerant circuit.
- Refrigerant receivers on each circuit to maximize condenser capacity.