The Nordic® liquid-to-air geothermal heat pump extracts heat from the ground outside, and distributes it throughout your house in the form of warm air. In the summer, the heat pump reverses the process and cools your home.
Nordic® R Series Water to Air Heat Pumps
Nordic’s R (Reversing) Series is a package active heating and cooling unit. The R Series works with either well water (open loop installations) or a ground loop (closed loop installations). This central ducted heat pump comes with a desuperheater as standard equipment, to heat domestic hot water while the heat pump is on for space heating or cooling purposes.
The R-Series has a vertical or upright configuration; it is also available in slim horizontal configuration (RH-Series) and split configuration (RS-Series).
This type of heat pump is commonly used in residential renovation projects when retrofitting from ducted air furnaces, or in new construction. The residential R Series described here is available (in all configurations) in sizes from 3 to 6.5 nominal tons. Smaller size from 0.75 to 2 tons are also available; see R Series Commercial.
Quick Facts About Our Water to Air Heat Pumps
|Distribution Type||Forced air|
|Capabilities||Heating, cooling, domestic hot water|
|Loop Type||Open or closed loop|
|Size||0.75 to 6.5 nominal tons|
|Configuration||Vertical, horizontal, or split system|
|COP||3.7 - 4.9|
|Certifications||ENERGY STAR, AHRI, CSA, CE|
Features & Available Options
- Domestic hot water desuperheater (not available for commercial model sizes 09-24)
- Coaxial heat exchangers – cupro nickel (CuNi) heat exchangers available
- Slow closing water valve kit available for open loop installations
- Smallest 5-6 ton footprint in the industry at 24” x 28”
- Completely insulated water lines, accumulator, and heat exchanger.
- Oversized water coil evaporator (e.g. a three ton capacity heat pump has a five ton capacity coil) to achieve high COP’s even when operated on ground loops as cold as 25°F.
The RH Series – Horizontal Configuration
The RH Series is the horizontal version of the vertical R Series. This heat pump has all of the same features as the vertical unit, but is configured horizontally, perfect for use in basement retrofits where there isn’t enough height to accommodate a regular sized unit, or in suspended ceilings.
R Series Resources for Geothermal Professionals
|001699SPC-07 - R-45|
|001700SPC-07 - R-55|
|002029SPC-07 - R-65|
|001701SPC-07 - R-75|
|001691SPC-04 - R-80|
|000885SPC-06 - RH-45|
|000886SPC-06 - RH-55|
|000887SPC-06 - RH-65|
|000888SPC-06 - RH-75|