As an HVAC professional, you know how important it is to source high quality equipment that works the first time you use it—no questions asked. Nothing can suck up more hours that could be used for productive work than troubleshooting an issue related to the quality of the machine.
You take quality seriously, and so do we. At Maritime Geothermal Ltd., creating a high quality product is one of our most important goals. We have a saying around our facility that we don’t want to hear from our customers or homeowners. While this might sound anti-social, it’s truly a statement made with the best of intentions. We don’t want to hear from our customers that our heat pumps aren’t working to their satisfaction, so we never select cheap components that may break prematurely or are flimsy in construction. We take our heat pump reviews seriously and work to address any issues or improvements in the next iteration of that product. We never want to make selling replacement parts a significant part of our revenue stream.
The same philosophy applies to the overall longevity of our machines. While other companies may engineer “planned obsolesce” into their products, we are determined to make sure our heat pumps perform for decades. Many of our first heat pumps are just as reliable today as they were when installed 30 years ago. In fact, the number one reason most of our customers replace their heat pumps, is because they want a more efficient heat pump, not because their current unit isn’t working properly.
Standard Nordic® Heat Pump Features
Our heat pumps are designed to perform in the harshest conditions – Canadian winters. Because of this, we’ve engineered the following features into our machines that you may not find in other geothermal brands:
- Oversized water coils to obtain maximum performance even at well temperatures as low as 40°F (4.4°C), this:
- Increases performance and COP. The water-coil can withstand an accidental freeze-up without rupturing.
- The heat pump will not be destroyed should a freeze-up occur. Oversized condenser coils help maintain low head pressure.
- Facilitates greater heat exchange and a high COP.
- The electrically operated slow closing water valves eliminate water hammer.
- The valve is not refrigerant controlled, so no bellows to rupture.
- The device is not part of the refrigeration circuit.
- Can tolerate sand and debris much better than a solenoid valve.
- All residential units use Copeland scroll compressors. These compressors beat the competition on performance and reliability, and are an industry standard component.
- Electronically commutated motor (ECM) multi-speed fan and motor assembly. This ensures the heat pump can:
- Adapt to most existing duct systems.
- Provides two or more speeds with whisper quietness.
- An easy method for checking refrigerant pressures with no removal of cabinet doors.
- Double walled domestic hot water generator coil. This coil cannot leak refrigerant into domestic hot water tank.
- Bronze heat hot water circulators are unlike a cheaper cast iron pump, as the bronze will not corrode with fresh water use.
- Microprocessor controlled heat pumps ensure intelligent operation of the heat pump and ensures optimal operation under a variety of conditions.
- Electronic, programmable, auto changeover thermostat.
In addition to the features above, all of our models have the following features:
- Removable panels on three sides for unrestricted access.
- Standard warranties and extended warranties up to ten years.
- CSA electrical approval – LR56328 Performance certified to CSA 446
- AHRI certified for performance
- CE certified for Europe
- ENERGY STAR certified.
- All of our residential heat pumps have the option of domestic hot water generator and cupro-nickel heat exchangers.
- Titanium exchangers are available for seawater applications on some models.
- Many of our residential heat pumps are available in horizontal, vertical, or split cabinet design.
- All vertical heat pumps allow for top or side discharge.
- All heat pumps are available in any world voltage.