The Nordic® air-to-air heat pump is an air source heat pump designed to work in a residential setting. Since the heat of heat for this heat pump is the air, there is no ground loop required, which means this system is very cost effective to install.
Nordic® Air-to-Air Heat Pump
Our Air-to-Air (ATA) Series heat pump heats and cools air for whole-home forced air heating and air conditioning. This air source heat pump has been optimized to work even in the coldest Canadian climates, featuring an oversized outdoor unit designed to maximize heating capacity in winter and to provide ultra-efficient cooling in the summer time.
This heat pump is also equipped with intelligent defrost logic, which minimizes the energy required to defrost the outdoor coil, improving efficiency. In addition, the compressor is located inside the home, which greatly increases the longevity of the machine and makes it easier to service in the dead of winter.
The ATA Series is available in sizes up to 6.5 nominal tons, so one machine can provide whole-home heating and cooling.
Quick Facts About The Nordic® Air-to-Air Heat Pump
|Distribution Type||Forced air ductwork|
|Capabilities||Heating, cooling, and domestic hot water|
|Loop Type||No loop, outdoor air handler|
|Size||2 to 6.5 nominal tons|
|Certifications||TUV, ENERGY STAR|
Air-to-Air Features and Available Options
- Indoor unit has industry leading 24″ x 28″ footprint.
- Air discharge is field changeable from top to side.
- Both indoor and outdoor unit fans are true variable speed with ECM-style motors, for comfort and energy efficiency.
- Outdoor ice channeling design means no bottom tray and an angled outdoor coil eliminates ice build-up.
- Copeland Ultratech® two-stage scroll compressor is located in the indoor unit for ease of cold-weather service and better refrigerant/oil management.
- Gen2 electronic control board has external user interface and includes outdoor reset function, data logging, internet and laptop USB connections and BACnet interface.
- Electronic expansion valves for precise refrigerant control.
- Start capacitor kit and suction accumulator are standard equipment.
- Domestic hot water generation – an exclusive Nordic® feature in the air source market.