This is an air-to-air and air-to-water heat pump providing heating and cooling via forced air as well as radiant in-floor heating. This heat pump uses the outdoor air for a heat source, generally making it less expensive to install than a geothermal TF series heat pump.
Nordic® ATF Series
This air source heat pump has been optimized to work in the coldest Canadian climates. Featuring an oversized outdoor unit designed to maximize heating capacity in winter and to provide ultra-efficient cooling in the summer time.
It is equipped with intelligent defrost logic, minimizing the energy required to defrost the outdoor coil, improving efficiency and ensuring complete defrost every time. The compressor is located inside the home, increasing the longevity of the machine and easier to service in the winter months. Locating the compressor indoors also allows this heat pump to preheat domestic hot water via the built-in desuperheater.
The ATF Series is available in sizes up to 6 nominal tons, so one machine can provide whole-home heating and cooling.
Quick Facts About the Air-to-Air & Water Heat Pump
|Forced Air and Radiant In-Floor
|Heating, Cooling, and Domestic Hot Water
|2 to 6 Nominal Tons
|Up to 3.91
Features and Available Options
- Premium appearance indoor unit featuring an industry leading 24″ x 28″ footprint.
- Field-changeable air discharge from top to side.
- Large capacity outdoor unit provides superior heating in colder outdoor temperatures and ultra-efficient cooling in hotter climates.
- ECM-style motors in both indoor and outdoor units, for comfort and energy efficiency.
- Intelligent defrost logic minimizes the energy required to defrost the outdoor coil.
- Outdoor ice channeling design which removes the bottom tray and angles the outdoor coil to eliminate ice build-up.
- Copeland Ultratech two-stage scroll compressor has double isolation for quiet operation and is located in the indoor portion of the heat pump for cold-weather service and better refrigerant and oil management.
- Gen2 electronic control board has an external digital user interface and includes data logging, laptop USB connections and a BACnet interface for commercial applications.
- Factory installed double wall heat exchanger and ECM bronze head circulator that provides domestic hot water preheating.
- A heavy duty coaxial type hydronic heat coil has excellent solids tolerance and resistance to freezing.